Thursday, July 5, 2007

Great 4th of July

Monday we drove to Minneapolis to see the Mall of America. If you're into shopping and doing the mall thing, it's the place to go. We, however, are neither. Don't get me wrong, I like to shop, but not in a place where you don't go outside. I can do those outlet strip-malls all day. This place even had an amusement park inside. Also an aquarium. I suppose we should have been impressed, but weren't.
On the way home, we stopped at Denny's to have lunch. We spent more time there than the mall. It was neat. It looked like one of those old shiny metal diners.We each had a sandwich. I brought half of mine home. Our next stop was Cabelas. The outdoor/sporting goods store. It was a pretty cool place for hunters and fishermen, and campers, etc. Then it was on to Camping World. We always go into Camping World when we see one. Sometimes you can get some really good buys. Tom bought a 90 degree bend hose connecter for the side of the motorhome. It works alot better than trying to screw the hose straight in.That was about the extent of our purchases for the day. 160 miles for a hose connection.
Tuesday was an exciting day. I did laundry. It was very humid, and some things I don't put in the dryer just didn't want to dry. It was really to hot do do much else.
Wednesday, the 4th, was very busy at the campground. We are filled up right through the week-end. Folks coming and going all the time. Lots of visitors and cook-outs. Folks just want to get out of the city. Over the week-end we have a group coming in for a family reunion. We'll see how that goes.
Today was moving day for us. We came in a bit early, and our site was booked for the month of June thru the 4th. It is much more quiet here. We were very close to the bathhouse. There was always someone walking by. All of the work campers are in this section. This is where we will be for the duration. One more day of work and we get the week-end off. We are loving it.

1 comment:

Frank-n-Penny said...

I'm with you! I'll take Denny's over the Mall ANYTIME! Just not my thing I guess. Penny, on the other hand....

Enjoy yourselves..

- Frank