Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cool Damp Day




The past couple of days have been rainy and cool. Today in the afternoon it finally started to clear out and the sun showed it face till sunset. Tomorrow should be better. I wanted to do the laundry today, but the facility here isn't so great. It has 2 each washer and dryer, one of each is out of order. We decided to wait till our next stop. I just wanted a fresh start when we leave here. Oh well.
I was going to make stew for supper, but it ended up to be really great vegetable beef soup instead. I just kept adding stuff I found in the fridge and cupboard. We have some left over, so that will be good to have on travel day. We just paid for a few more days here. At 2 bucks a day you can't go wrong. While the soup was cooking we watch a movie called "Camilla". It has Bridget Fonda and Jessica Tandy starring. Some of it was filmed at one of our favorite places. We both said at the same time, "Isn't that Jekyll Island?" If you have never been there, you won't be disappointed if you make the trip. It's on the coast of Georgia just north of Jacksonville, Florida. Somewhere in the blog are the pics, but they don't do it justice.
Tomorrow will probably be cleaning day. Tom has some things to do outside, and I have the inside to take care of. Maybe we'll be able to open the windows and get some fresh air in here. I've been fighting a sinus thing that I get every fall. It seems to be almost gone now. Just the post nasal drip left. I'll take that over not breathing at night. Of course, Tom doesn't get colds anymore since he drinks his green tea. He swears by it, and I think it works for him. Now it's time to watch the Phillies win the World Series. We hope.

No comments: