Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back at Camp

We are settled in here in How Kola. It's a really nice quiet beautiful campground in northeast Pennsylvania. It will be our home base from now on. We expect to travel as much as we can with the fuel prices as they are. We have made plans to go to the FMCA eastern area rally in Virginia in June. We have volunteered to help run the trams. Then in August, we have made reservations to take Connor to Pirate Days in Alexandria Bay, New York on the St. Lawerence River. On our way home we will stop and see my family in Waterville. Other than that we will probably stay put. It is so peaceful here. The trees are all in bloom, and the birds have all returned--except for the humming birds. We have even seen some Orioles. Some ducks are here, soon there will be ducklings. Same with the geese. I suppose when school gets out for the summer it will be a little busier. Soon we will be playing bingo on Saturday nights, and getting an ice cream cone to eat while we walk home. Folks will be staying on the week-ends and we will be having little get-togethers. I think my Margarator will get plenty of use. Campfires when weather permits are one of my favorites. I LOVE roasting marshmallows. We'll be spending some time down at the house. Our STUFF has to be taken care of. All you RVers know what I mean. The attic is huge, so what we don't want to save for the future we will get rid of one way or another. Maybe sale or give-away. We should be free of STUFF by the end of summer. I am still on my mission for a dog. Nothing yet. We'll keep you posted on how things go.


Pictures of How Kola

No comments: