Thursday, January 3, 2008

Saying Good-bye and Ice Cream

Today we said good-bye to CARE. It was so easy to give hugs and kisses, but very hard to think it's the last time for quite a while. We know we'll go back next year. We're not sure right now when that will be. Some of the residents have become ill this week. They'll be in our thoughts till we know they are feeling better. Miss Ellie gave me her special kisses, so I'll be even-steven for a few days. We were off a little past 9:00 this morning.

Our first stop is in Brenham, Tx. Home of the Blue Bell ice cream factory. It's terrific ice cream!! We paid our admission, then went in the little store to buy something for Connor. We bought him a little ice cream dish shaped like an ice cream cone. I comes with a little spoon. Then our number was called, and we started the tour. It started out with a short movie telling us how the company was started, then we toured the factory. We saw how the process goes from start to finish. The best part was when we went to get ice cream at the end of the tour. I got what is called Moolennium Crunch, and Tom got White Chocolate Almond. YUMMY!!!!!

On the way home we stopped at Wal-Mart and picked up some food. We have to fix our own meals now. Of course we helped cook when we were at care, but that was different. Cooking for 2 is different from cooking for 80. We've had so much green salad that we probably won't but lettuce for about a month.

Right now we are at home hoping tomorrow will be a little warmer. It has been quite cold here. Now, I know that up north you folks are quite a bit colder, but for here it's cold. I guess I can't complain. Instead of living our lifestyle, I could be sitting home hibernating like I do every winter. This is much better. The forecast is for 60 degrees for Friday. Much better.

Tomorrow it's off to San Antonio. We hear the River Walk has been drained for cleaning. What a shame we can't see it the way it usually is. Oh well, there's always next year.

1 comment:

Donna McNicol said...

I was just at Riverwalk and took photos on the 30th, and a friend here did as well that day an on the 31st. check out my blog and the link to his from my blog to see some nice shots (he's an excellent photographer).