Friday, July 17, 2009

Having a Great Week

Over the weekend we traveled to upstate New York. My high school class was celebrating our 60th birthdays with a get-together. It was so great to see old friends. Tom stayed at the campground, and had a surprise visit with my brother Ken. My friend Penny picked me up and off we went. There are no friends like old friends.
On Tuesday some of the girls got together again just to go out and gab. We had some finger food and drinks at the Solsville Hotel. Just a great time again. We had hugs and kisses and hope to do it again next year. I had some nice time with my Mom. On Tuesday when I was visiting her my sister came in. The three of us laughed a lot and really enjoyed being together.
On Wednesday we hooked up and and headed for Troy, Pa. They have a great fairground there, and we met up with Escapes Chapter 20. Since we are new members of the chapter, we have met some wonderful new friends. Last night we all went out to the Edgewood, The food was good and so was the company. Most of us had either fried chicken or lasagna. They were the specials for the night. Everyone declined dessert, but didn't go away hungry.
Today is registration, and supper will be hot dogs and chili. Tomorrow is breakfast, then times for crafts or games or just exploring the area. Of course the pot luck on Saturday night is a given. Nothing like pot lucks at a rally. I made some spaghetti and meat sauce to take. Since I will be teaching some folks about Swedish weaving tomorrow, I thought I better cook today. It'll taste better after it seasons through.
We have had a camp fire every night so far because the weather has been so nice for the past few days. Today it has rained some. We'll see how it goes tonight. Soon we'll be off to registration, so the rally will be officially underway. There's nothing like a group of SKPs to get a good time going. Ya gotta love 'em.

No comments: