Friday, March 7, 2008

Margarator Day


Yesterday Ed and Hazel came for a visit. Hazel and I were talking, and the margarator came up. I showed it to her on the computer. I told her I was going to get it for my birthday. Hazel thought we should celebrate my birthday while they were here, so we just had to go get it. I found it at J C Penny. The computer said it was available in all stores. We all climbed in the car, and off we went. Sure enough, they had plenty in stock. I took it up to the register, and they said $119.00. Well, the computer said $79.00. I was not paying the higher price! The cashier asked if I was on J C Penny.com. I told her J C Penny Stores. That's 2 different sites. She said she would have to get a manager. The manager told the cashier to go on-line and check it out. Well, she turned to me and said, "You were right." Like I made the whole thing up. She told me next time to print it out so there wouldn't be a problem. How would anyone know if the prices were different? Oh well, all worked out fine, and we got it for the lower price.
Ed suggested we go to Cosco and get stuff to put in it. We were all in agreement. So in we went, and got more than fixins for margaritas. In the basket went some shrimp, a rotisserie chicken, some veggies, and other goodies. When we got home, we got the Margarator set up and running. Tom even tried one. He isn't much for fruit drinks. Ed, hazel, and I really enjoyed it. Then we had a nice little picnic supper. What a good time. It was after dark when we said our good-byes. It will be a long time before we see them again. Probably not till next fall. Travel plans have us going in different directions till October. We'll meet them in Livingston, Texas at the Escapees Park, and volunteer again at the CARE center. We sure will miss them.
Tomorrow we are going to ride the Apache Trail. It should be exceptionally beautiful. We have seen some pictures from others who have traveled it. It should take most of the day. We'll share it all with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story. I love my margarator.